Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When a storm rolls in

This is a view I never tire of. This looks to the northeast and often when I look out this window I see weather changes in the clouds I never was aware of when I lived in the mountains. The intense black of the sky was imposing, looking like it was going to rain or snow with a furry! But then, the sun peaked through and illuminated the wheat field!



I appreciate trees. I went to Billings yesterday with a dear friend Tracey and saw lots and lots of Ponderosa Pines. I miss those stoic giants! I really laughed when Dustin told me that our house had trees! Oh I felt so disheartened when I saw, what I considered then, as scrub brush. But I do appreciate them now. The wind is howling today and they just stand there solid, most of them in the wind breaks, thankfully blocking some of the wind.

4 comments:

hi-d said...

yes, i can echo your sentiments about trees! i never knew i loved them until i visited home after first moving to wyoming...and never knew i would cry at the sight of a logging truck either, but i did!

Anna said...

I hope you took advantage of those rolling storm clouds, and the beautiful light they create...Ooooooooh *drooool*

Carmyn said...

Heidi the first time we went back home, I cried out TREES and then talked about them non stop from Bozeman to Kalispell. D was ready to let me ride in the truck bed!

Anna, I love the light!! But I'm not good at it. What do I do better?? I know the time of year is stark light, but this seems pretty dull..

reagan. andrea. said...

Gorgeous photos! I can't get enough of sky photos - especially of stormy skies!