I love Saturday mornings. The only thing that would make it perfect is if Dustin didn't have to work on Saturdays. I get up and get my coffee inserted by IV.... (something I need to take some serious thought to) make my husband his roast beef sandwich slathered in my homemade hot mustard and piled with veggies. Then I sit, have a read, dream up a huge breakfast then make it and eat it. After that, the day is Saturday.
Saturday's are magical. You can get away with any food on Saturday. Any diet, any thoughts, it's a free day!
This Saturday though started out entirely different. Dustin got up, flicked on the light and zero happenings. Power was dead out. I remembered that there was a saturday yogo class in Glendive, so I got up. But no shower. no COFFEE AAAAHHHH! No breakfast. No sitting in the morning sun. But to yoga I went.
Besides Saturdays, i LOVE yoga. Always have, but this is the first class I've taken in a long time. I felt brutalized afterwards but stretched, mentally alert, stabilized and ready for the day. Later in the day I found this photo. I want to be able to do this someday.
Lots of people scoff yoga because they say it hurts you. Well yes it does! Hello! Because your body isn't used to that kind of flexibility! Yoga makes you limber and very strong IF the poses are done ccorrectly. If you cannot breath into the stretch or ignore listening to your body, you WILL hurt yourself- most often the joints. But when you are doing yoga correctly, it takes so much more stamina than running, I am instantly hooked. Again. It's hard work, and so rewarding. I love the way I feel when I'm doing yoga and I love how I feel after yoga.
I've had an offer this week to go to Costa Rica and get 100 credit hours of Yoga Instructor in April. It would be awesome.

5 comments:
I might be able to do this pose if you turned it 180ยบ.
i am so with you on this! and that class....wow, what an offer!
Oh my!! Can I come? :) Yoga is my 'favoritest' thing to do! Someday I will be an instructor - that's the goal anyhow...! ;0)
Andrea, could you do it? I'd like company if I did go... I'm just starting, so I'm not sure I'd be up to it, but I'd sure like to!
Ohhh..! I doubt it, but I'll run it by Reagan! We have 2 kids in school but if mom n dad r home I guess they could help! If you are serious, email me the info and we'll see! It'd be a dream..!
Post a Comment