This is a little late, but I've not been too timely the last couple weeks. Coming home to my husband after two weeks away made me remember how we did NOT like dating 720 miles apart and for four days at a time every 3 1/2 weeks. We saw each other 9 times before we got engaged. And 18 times total before we were married. That may seem wary to some folks, but we knew we were going to get married within 10 days of knowing each other. Our first official date happened a month after we met- and we picked out a ring. It took a looooooong 6 months to know if I'd ever see that ring, but I finally did. February 14th, 2011!
We were heading into town to pick out snowshoes for him.
Dustin says, "I'm so happy you're my Pre-Finance." He'd been calling me this for some time.
I asked, "When am I going to be your Real Fiance?
"When do you want to be?"
"Right now." At this point we were driving 65mph up Kila Hill which is the last hill going into town.
"Right now? Are you sure?"
"Yes." We had crested the top of the hill, he whipped into some random driveway, jammed it into park, raced his way around the hood yanking open the passenger door and asked,
"Carmyn will you marry me?"
I shrieked. Blubbered. Laughed and bawled. Blubbered and cried again.
"YES!" .....as the traffic screamed by and we noticed we were standing in the remnants of a mud puddle.
We are so not the roses, weeping violins and fine china dining type! (although it has it's place I keep telling him!) Give us happy and simple any day :)
Happy Anniversary Dustin! Thank you for the best year ever!



5 comments:
Happy Engagement Anniversary! We share the same engagement anniversary -- one year before yours :) Always a special day!
OH! Happy anniversary to you too- It's a wonderful day :)
Ohhh, just loved reading this again. Happy sigh... So glad for you and that your back home again. Loved seeing the pictures too. Miss you and really think we just need to talk again. :) Maybe I'll try to call on Saturday? Hugs...
..and what a cute couple you two make..! :)
Post a Comment