Monday, January 3, 2011

A little New Year

For the first time since um... 13 years ago, maybe longer, we had the quietest little New Years' in history of Gamma New Year Traditions. Six people in total. A bunch of appetizers, a few puzzles, a movie and a whole lotta knittin.' Probably not quite the thing to imagine when the last Sleigh ride we had there were 97 people.... My oh my. Back in the days when I was younger and had lots of energy.... Um, make that, Mom had the energy. Someday I hope to be like my mother. I've had 29 years of practice and so far I think the only thing that's rubbed off is we have identical smiles. All four of us kids do.

But 2011 rolls in like any other day does:

*My pickup wouldn't start because it hit 19 below on New Years eve (Friday), the fuel gelled and Sunday night got a tow down to the shop where dad hooked up the battery charger and 12 hours later, it finally started.
*I'm still trying to find #1 diesel in this town......
*I made it to work.
*I couldn't find my black belt to go with my black shoes: again. For the 2nd time this week.
*Whiski still barks at every little sound especially at 2 am.
*I made cinnamon rolls last night because it was Jewel's bright idea! They're really good I must say.
*Again considered getting the white Tiger/Siamese kitty at mom and dads. Considering has taken 5 months.
*Wondered if I will see a big change soon...........
*Wishin I had my belt right now.....
*Snowing again... the start of a 10 day run according to weather.com
*Still haven't found any patience today.
*I have a million pictures from the last 2 weeks of which 4 are of Dustin and I and they're not very good
*I have a million pictures of the cutest nieces and nephews in the world that I need to edit to send to their grandma and mother..... maybe by next year. If we're all lucky.
*School starts tomorrow.... oh where did the two weeks of reprieve go?!
*Found Number 2,308 reason of why I'm never having  kids: they will end up like me.
*I got my sewing machine back new years eve. And I can't find it in the house.
*I have 10 major sewing projects to finish and have for at least 7 months....
* Perhaps in the next month I'll finish knitting my Christmas Presents.
*Went snowshoeing on the lake and literally paddled back to shore. There is 6 inches of water/slush on the ice that is hidden by the 12 inches of snow on top. Kind of heart pounding experience for 30 seconds.
*I have the best camera from the best boyfriend and I'm still unable to use it properly....
*2011 still doesn't have enough hours in the day.
*I should post the pictures, but my camera is at home with the card plugged into the computer and I'm at work. My arm does not stretch 55 miles away.
*I look at a website everyday for some unknown reason. stylemepretty.com (that's so weird)
*I still am trying to figure out Corel Photo which I really like as a photo editor, but again, patience got lost
*Wonder how many changes there will be in 2011....
                                                           HAPPY NEW YEAR
So, yeah, just like any other day..... pieces of a paradise.Someday they might all fit together.

No comments: