My in-laws went camping up at Nelson Creek a couple weeks ago. We tagged along later in the weekend and stayed overnight in our newly bought tent! I must say I was not prepared to awaken at 130am with thunder and lightening crashing all around and the wind so strong that the sides of the tent were to armpits and the top of the tent came to our noses. Quite a feat for a 6 man tent you can stand up in.
We escaped to a camper and camped on the couch. I felt like we totally failed Camping 101 and definitely failed childhood camping experiences with my brothers. Amazingly enough, the tent didn't have any damage at all! We were prepared to be picking it up off sage brush a mile away.
It was a very different experience for me, not because I view camping as being on the 5th floor of the Sheraton, but because there was ONE tree. Just ONE! That's never happened before.
I love endless wheat fields though. They are beautiful. We see these gumbo nobs everywhere. Every bit of them are layers of red (scoria) and black (coal) The other photos was the first glimpse of the 'lake' of which I was totally relieved because on first sight, it is a creek all of 15 inches wide.
This is of us on the boat. I'm not sure what it means that my mouth is always open but I say it just goes to show what a good orthodontist and a couple years does. Plus, I was plain happy! We don't get to leave Wibaux too often just to go play for a weekend so this was big doings. The other, I had the biggest catch of the day! But I'm sure that northern had teeth all the way to its tail. Grandpa would be disgusted.
And my nephew who is a stylin' kid anyway. He's just started talking and he loves his Aunt Carmyn. I am SO proud!! "Carm, Come!" On and on until I follow wherever he goes. His favorite game is, On your mark, get set, GO! I guess this is what another Aunt taught him but he's hilarious as he winds up to go and then just spins for a minute before shooting off. He has also started to say "G'ma" so I'm forgiven :)


1 comment:
Looks like a hoot & a half! :) It is very pretty scenery, even if it only has one tree..!! ;0)
Post a Comment