We are always learning.
And I'm learning to be thankful for this.
I am of a mind that wants to KNOW stuff. Lots of stuff. Completely unrelated stuff. What does sewing and couplings have in common anyway? Answer: Nothing. I only know what couplings are because I've had to help dad put them on hoses after ripping them out of tractor without unhooking them. Oops. I even went to the John Deere shop to get them. So I know what they look like and purpose thereof.
I just don't know any of my "curious george" interests well. I like, I look, I play but I don't always understand them or know the intricacies of the item. Say this camera. I love this camera. I know it's amazing, it's beautiful, it just feels right when I hold it. I've connected with it, we have a bond. I have books that I've bought, borrowed and have been given about this camera.... but do you think I take the time? Not too much. When I go to look at it, I suddenly remember the pattern I just have to finish knitting or sewing. Or the new recipe I just have to try. Most times I'm just too exhausted. I really do not like this tiredness and not sure why I have it. Part of the reason is I'm ADD and the other part is it takes a memorizing mind to remember what setting needs to be at what location/setting/light etc. Same goes with my photo editor. It's such an amazing program I'm scared of it! Okay not really, but it's rather daunting.
But for 4 days now, EVERY time and without fail, I have not had my camera with me going to work and I have missed captured moments.
*2 days ago I saw a homeless man wrapped in blankets on the street waiting for the light to change so he could cross. He held his gloveless hands around his body to keep the blankets around him. He also cradled an unzipped backpack in his arms. It was really cold about -10F. I really really wanted my camera for a profile photo of him with his breath coming out in short puffs and the cars and trucks whizzing by. He looked like aloneness and cold was a part of his being, almost like he was comfortable in it. I sincerely wondered what he was thinking.
*Yesterday was AMAZING. It was SUPER cold. So cold dad says the cows give ice cream. It was -22. The River was steaming- it looked surreal with the mountains covered in snow and the peaks tipped with a brilliant pink and purple of the first sign of sunrise. It was beautiful. Coming back home I drove into a sunset where the sky literally boiled in the west with purple, pink and tinges of orange.
*It's 12 degrees today and the frost on the trees and demure grey tones of the earth and air were captured by a bald eagle flying over the Flathead River catching an updraft. The wings were spread and he just looked happy. Cars were flying over the bridge and he didn't care, he was in his element.
So lessons in learning. I need to carry my camera with me. Maybe my Pre-Mother-in-law can take over the photo editing. Dustin calls me his PreFiance. So, thus!
1 comment:
:) this post made me smile! yes...learning will and should never stop! but as far as camera's are concerned...mama is purdy good! i'm waaaaay lost with all that!
Post a Comment