Tuesday, November 18, 2014

the first weeks

The first few days home. Could watch this doll for hours. Nothing sweeter than a smiling baby while sleeping EXCEPT a smiling baby looking into mama's eyes. That is TOTALLY my heart melter. We've received quite a few of those now.

Starting to fall into a routine. I'm still not healed as fast as I think I should be. It's awful awful hard not to pick up my big girl.... and she wonders why I can't. 




My beautiful mother. I love watching her with my babies. I know it's how she was with her own babies and it fills me with a special love for this wonderful woman that raised us kids with patience, guidance, love, and care.


 Grammie and her babies with Zaiya showing off. This was the morning she left us and we all cried. Well mom and dad did.... Zaiya didn't know what was going on. 





Daddy and his newest little love. He loves being a dad! And he is such a good, helping one!

Zaiya's first time warming up to Anya. Since then she has wanted to hold Anya which is a bit precarious and totally precious!



Love this photo! Brock and Elton braved chilly weather and wind to come take a peek. 


Grammie and Anya telling each other stories.


The result of Dustin sleeping the night in a hospital chair. Zaiya was more than willing to help....well play!

       

Snuggles with Grammie in midst of getting breakfast ready.    

Being outside doing a bit of winter yard work I couldn't get to. They were out there for hours! Zaiya loved riding in the wheelbarrow and could get so mad when Grammie would fill it up!


Clowning around. 




Hard to believe in a couple more days Anya is one month and Zaiya is nearly 22 months.....


Anya meeting Jewel.


First little moments with mom at home.


Sweet baby in pink :)


3 comments:

Jewels said...

Sweetest little family! Thank you for posting pics :-)

reagan. andrea. said...

Wow! What a gorgeous,sweet baby! So much has happened in your lives since I last checked your blog! (Which would have been oct 1/2), since I've missed these last 3 posts!😬) Terrible,really! Thank you so much for the beautiful card you sent us! It's up on our wall, bringing a smile every time we see it.:) A beautiful family. So nice to have your mom there -nothing quite like it, after having a baby!;) Hugs to you all and congratulations on your newest addition!

Nichole said...

awe...i must say i loved this! your children are so precious and i wish i could meet anya and see zaiya! lots of love to you all!!!!