Sunday, January 27, 2013

Welcome Our Zaiya Rose






On January 11th our little darling, Zaiya Rose (pronounced Zay-yuh) arrived and we have been completely sotted with love for this little bundle. She was 8lbs 14oz and 21 inches long.... nearly 2 lbs bigger than what the Dr. guesstimated! I was not at all surprised considering every pound of that 38 lb weight gain was all belly! She is the spitting image of her dad here at 4 hours old.

Labor was a long trial. I was admitted 10 days after my due date at nearly 42 weeks and after several tests, found that her heartbeat kept dropping when I had contractions. I didn't know I was having them. 25 hours later trying to do natural delivery, they had to do a C-section. I have recovered nicely. The good news is she is perfectly healthy and we are so thankful and lucky to have her.
Grandma Mary came and stayed with us for 8 days. She had many "visits" such as this one above with little Zaiya, and she turned to grandma's voice constantly. It was so adorable! I can't imagine how much she will tune in to Grandpa Doug with his stories!! I cried and cried when mom left because I was sure I couldn't do this without her! But, I was proven wrong because I have a wonderful husband!! She has her daddy wrapped around her finger and she doesn't even know it!! It is so sweet to watch. 

She loves listening to her daddy, often scowling and smiling at him intermittently, but still he is the one she settles down with just like he did before she was born. She was a busy one and would not stop kicking until he put his hand on my tummy. Worked every time then and is working with her now!

                 



A week old here!! It is shocking to see my own eyes stare out at me from a sweet little face. Her mouth is also becoming mine, but the rest of her- nose, chin, ears, forehead and even her hair is completely her daddy.



This is a classic photo of her sleeping all the time. She whimpers and cries like a little puppy and then she will grin and smile, all while in her sleep. Last night she coo'd at me for the first time at two weeks old! This mama was so proud! I don't think she knew it because she is a serious little soldier with a little scowl constantly observing and studying things out, but nonetheless!

8 comments:

Barb said...

So excited to see these pictures! Have been waiting and waiting to see if she had arrived! :)Congratulations and love to all of you, and to her Gma's and Gpa's too! She is adorable! I'm sure it wasn't easy for her Gma Mary to leave either, and can only imagine the Gpa Doug stories! Ummm....I think we have a "Gpa" like that here too! :) Enjoy...she will keep you good company!

Jewels said...

She's arrived! So glad to see your post as we've been waiting to hear (checking your blog every day and asking Andrea and Ashley for news ;-))Congrats! She is perfect! Enjoy these first few weeks of getting acquainted. Luv from the Indermuhles

reagan. andrea. said...

Ooooo Carmyn! She is so beautiful! She's got pretty hair already - what a lucky little thing! ;)
(Sorry - I emailed u and should have checked here first!!)
Thanks so much for the photos - wish we were closer so we could have a little cuddle and bring some baking!
It is a scary thing - I remember Reagan leaving for work the first day after each little baby and being so unsure if I could handle it! Of course prove ourselves capable over time..! Hugs to you all there& Congrats!

Ashley said...

Congrats to the both of you! She is so precious! Definitely looks like her Dad! You enjoy every moment. Especially the night time feedings! ;)

RodneyAmanda Braaten said...

congrats dustin and carmyn! she's beautiful! little girls are precious :) sleep when she sleeps and enjoy this stage (it doesn't last!)

Julie Husby said...

Congrats, to you and your husband.
She's beautiful!!!!
Enjoy every minute they grow so fast.

Mo said...

What sweet pictures!! I have enjoyed looking at them several times. Usually I am looking one-handed with baby boy in the other arm :) so don't comment. I have two free hands at the moment - so wanted to come visit again and comment :) She is precious as can be!! So happy for you all!

hi-d said...

i love it!! big congrats.