Sigh.
It just is. There is nothing I can do about it. I can't change it, I can't like it, and therefore we're at odds. But, before you loose all religion, one must adapt which is something I've done a lot of doing these past months. None so much as adapting to the wind.
It was a peach of a day, a wonderful Sunday meeting, a free afternoon and a new grill from Mom and Dad Frasch!! It's our Birthday presents, Easter present, Happy Administrative Day present, Happy Monday- Sunday present. You get the idea. We love it. And I was determined to have a picnic.
Which started out beautifully. I took photos of our gorgeous apple tree blossoms and the bee that was busy making honey. It was delightful.
And then we woke up to another world. This is just to give you an idea of the wind. It was nearly 70 mph and even the "buttoning down of the hatches" didn't make it. Rather, my plastic bird bath didn't make it.....10 lbs of rock blowing from the East was like feathers and never to be seen again. I saw it go and chased after it but it went to never-to-be-found-land in less than 20 seconds and I crawled back to the house out of breath. Perhaps it really is in Newfoundland... that wind would have gone around the globe twice.
And neither did my poor beautiful apple tree make it.
Anyway, on the bright side of adapting, one can never have enough time for too many projects and as our internet service is contingent on the weather, no computer time was to be had.
And creative I went, for two solid days. Here are just a couple projects.

Happy days defying the wind!

1 comment:
Some day I would love to come visit you in your new home and catch up over a hot cuppa tea while the wind whistles outside! ;)
Post a Comment