Sunday, November 13, 2011

Food, Fall, Fab, FUV

When I think of fall, I think of food. Always. Well, I'm always thinking of food, regardless of fall, it's not just because it's the holidays. There are a few things that I really love about fall. Like apples- I have bushels! It's so fun! I've never been able to say that before but apples grow here in E. Montana and the neighbors make good on their hospitality. I also really like squash (really good on hospitality- I currently have 8 on my counter), oranges and a brandied nut bread. The color thing really makes me feel alive though. Red, orange, yellow and various hues of brown. It's so vibrant and interesting that just a month ago, the leaves on the tree were green. Now they're red. It's like a magic trick happened over night.

What isn't awesome of course is that it's getting cold, is windier than normal (they say it's normal- what do they know?! They probably blew in from Minnesota and do not really know they're in Wibaux.) Someday I'll get around to dedicating a post to wind if I learn something about it that is beneficial. I have not learned anything yet, so it's still on pause.

It might be a long pause.

I have been cooking a lot. I have a husband that likes food that runs outside the parameters of hamburger, roast, and steak and I am fortunate that I like to cook. He is fortunate that he'll try anything. Really we're a match made in heaven I think. Still. It's quite amazing!

No comments: